As the starting city of Qinghai-Tibet railway, Xining has several Tibet trains to Lhasa each day because except direct train from Xining, the trains from other cities also need pass through Xining train station. Taking Tibet train from Xining to Lhasa, passengers will see grassland, gobi, snow-capped mountains, and rare animals soon after boarding the train.
The Train Z6801 runs directly from Xining to Lhasa railway station everey other day. The total rail distance is 1,972km. The riding time is about 21 to 22 hours. For this kind of distance train, a soft sleeper or a hard sleeper is highly recommended which allow a more comfortable trip.
According to the Law of Republic of China, every foreign traveler needs get his Tibet Travel Permit to travel Tibet. Besides, before you go to train ticket window to collect your train ticket, you need prepare a colorful copy of your Tibet Travel Permit.
Timetable and Schedule of Xining to Lhasa Train
Every other day, Train Z6801 runs from Xining to Lhasa, departing from Xining Railway Station at 14:01, and arriving at Lhasa Railway Station on the second day at 11:20 (21hrs 19mins in total).
If you want to go to Tibet from Xining by train, you need take a train 1 day before your Tibet group tour.
|Xining||2,200 m||—||14:01||—||Day 1||0 km|
|Delingha||2,982 m||18:03||18:09||6 min||Day 1||521 km|
|Golmud||2,780 m||20:53||21:18||25 min||Day 1||830 km|
|Anduo||4,801m||05:46||05:50||4 min||Day 2||1,524 km|
|Nagchu||4,500 m||07:22||07:28||6 min||Day 2||1,650 km|
|Dangxiong||4,200m||09:05||09:14||9 min||Day 2||1,808 km|
|Lhasa||3,650 m||11:20||—||—||Day 2||1,972 km|
Timetable and Schedule of Lhasa to Xining Train
Train Z6802 runs from Lhasa to Xining. The starting station is Lhasa Railway Station and the ending station is Xining Railway Station. It takes 21hrs 43mins in total.
|Lhasa||3,650 m||—||09:00||—||Day 1||—|
|Dangxiong||4,200m||10:51||10:55||4 min||Day 1||164 km|
|Nagchu||4,500 m||12:33||12:39||6 min||Day 1||322 km|
|Anduo||4,801m||14:18||14:22||4 min||Day 1||448 km|
|Golmud||2,780 m||23:20||23:45||25 min||Day 1||1,142 km|
|Delingha||2,982 m||02:12||02:18||2 min||Day 2||1,478 km|
|Xining||2,200 m||06:43||—||—||Day 2||1,972 km|
How much is train from Xining to Lhasa?
|Train No.||Dep.||Arr.||Duration||Distance||Frequency||Train Ticket Price|
|Hard Seat||Hard Sleeper||Soft Sleeper|
|Z6801||14:01||11:20||21h19m||1,972km||Every other day||￥224||￥495/507/521||￥781/¥808|
* The train ticket prices above are the net price. However, during Tibet’s peak tourism season period (from End of April to Mid-October, during Chinese Spring Festival and other public holidays in China), due to the shortage of supply, the train ticket demand may greatly exceed the supply and passengers will have to pay more commissions to ticket agency for a train ticket (even as much as the net price) or the train station will ask the passengers to make a flexible travel plan. For example, the passenger may be required to take the train one day prior or later to the original departure date or take a connecting train instead of the direct one.
* Due to the high demand of Tibet Train tickets, the tickets may be issued only 1-9 days before departure. Even though it is uncertain and difficult, Tibet Train would manager to help clients to book train tickets via ticket agency at a reasonable price and promise to offer free service for it.
Timetable and Schedule of other Xining to Lhasa Trains
The Tibet trains from Chengdu, Chongqing, Lanzhou, Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai pass through Xining. The following is the timetable. If you enter into Tibet from Xining by train, you can also buy the tickets of these trains.
|Starting Station||Altitude||Train No.||Xining Arrival||Xining Departure||Lhasa Arrival||Travel Time|
Why is Xining to Lhasa Train recommended?
1) As the first train station of Qinghai-Tibet railway, Xining is the quickest railway access to Lhasa. The whole train journey only takes 21-22 hours. International and domestic travelers board the train from Xining train station and soon they will be on Qinghai-Tibet Plateau and enjoy the breathtaking scenery through the train windows. On the next day they will arrive at Lhasa train station.
2) Each day, there are at least 5 trains for Lhasa from Xining. All Qinghai-Tibet trains pass through Xining train station. It will be much easier to buy train tickets from Xining than from Beijing, Shanghai, or Chengdu because there is only one train passing these cities.
3) Because Xining’s average altitude is 2,275 meters above sea level, it is considered as the ideal city for travelers to acclimate high altitude. Travelers who worried about altitude sickness were advised to stay in Xining for about 2 -3 days to acclimate the altitude and have a good rest before boarding the train to Tibet.
7 thoughts on “Tibet Train from Xining to Lhasa”
Hi there Everyone, Thanks for the for the helpful write-up I anticipate reading your internet internet site. I???ê?èll return shortly to look for new articles. Several thanks
Please posting more often due to the fact that I
enjoy your posts. Many thanks!
I have found excellent blog posts here.
I like your post. So perfect!
Good job here. I genuinely enjoyed what you had to say. Keep going because you absolutely bring a new voice to this topic. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Properly, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see much more of this from you.
I like it! I like it a lot. You know exactly what youre talking about, exactly where other people are approaching from on this issue. Im glad that I had the fortune to stumble across your webpage. Its definitely an important issue that not enough people are talking about and Im glad that I got the chance to see all the angles.
With an intention to obtain an emergency food supply, it is highly recommended that people make their own purchases through the online world.
Once before I found a similar article on another website and didnt quite get it, but your article helped me understand it better. Thanks a lot!